I thought I would share a quick round up of some of my favorite places online to browse and shop for jersey knits! Jersey knits are perfect for baby and children’s clothing. They’re stretchy like a soft legging material, which make them perfect for active littles. I like to make sure I’m buying a good quality fabric, so look for a bit of weight, and designer brands. The jersey should be at least 95% cotton, and the rest spandex or lycra. Interlock knits work too but sometimes they don’t have as much bounce-back or stretch. Look for high quality brands. Some of the things I make with jersey knits are the cuff t-shirt (free pattern) and this cute dress.
This post contains some affiliate links! Thank you for your support!
- First and foremost, is fabric.com. I talk about them a lot, but really they are my go to source for fabric, including jersey knits. Shipping is quick and inexpensive. They have a large selection of jersey knits. I try to stick with the name brands as the quality is usually higher. Some of my favorite brands I find on fabric.com for knits are Cloud 9’s interlock knit, Kaufman, Cotton + Steel, Art Gallery and Michael Miller.
- Love Fabric Ireland Etsy shop. I chose this one because they have a good selection of one of my favorite jersey knit fabric brands, Little Darling, I used to buy in the Netherlands. Their shipping to the states is very reasonable as well. The Netherlands is, hands down, been the best place to find kids fabrics that I know of, and I miss being closer to the source!
- Lucky Shop 0028 Etsy Shop. Okay, so this is one I haven’t ordered from yet….but, I am really loving what they have in jersey knits. If I weren’t on a fabric buying freeze, I would be eating some of this up. I have so much of it saved in my favorites right now. It has good reviews, and it has unique prints!
- Wunderland Der Stoffe on DaWanda. Here’s another oddball! So I spent some time in Germany, and didn’t know about this website till I was in the states trying to hunt down that Dutch fabric I was talking about. That’s when I stumbled across DeWanda. It’s sort of like European Etsy. I found this fabric shop, and she has a huge assortment of some really fun kid prints jersey fabric. My customers and myself have always loved the prints and quality of the fabrics she carries. It is slightly difficult to checkout and pay with her. You’re best bet is to message her and say you’ll be ordering from the U.S and she will work it out with you through paypal. Of course there are other sellers on the platform as well, browse around! (pro tip: use google chrome to have the text automatically translated to English)
- Spoonflower. Here you can get any print you find in their database printed on a variety of different types of fabric, including jersey knit. The type of fabric I recommend is “cotton spandex jersey”. They do have organic cotton interlock, but it doesn’t have much stretch. It is a bit pricey but there are so many good designs to choose from.
- And last, I had to add my very own fabric shop section! It’s small and still growing, but I have lots of fun jersey knit prints to offer.
Happy fabric shopping!
If you’re thinking about opening an Etsy shop I highly recommend you read my blog post here for some food for thought. This post will help you figure out what products to sell, and there are more posts to come soon, so be sure to sign up for my newsletter.